Monday 25 June 2012

Red Not Blue wins first time over fences!


                When he got in close to his fences he shortened his stride well and was very nimble; when Andrew saw a nice stride he lengthened for him and pinged straight over.  It was a joy to watch although at the time I was a bit nervous!
                This was his 7th win for us (I am aiming for 10) and he has raced in all his races without shoes.  Interestingly, at Hereford yesterday there were a few trainers and a farrier asking me about the barefoot thing.  The farrier said he had never seen thoroughbreds’ feet like it – he didn’t think it was possible and he was genuinely fascinated!  I am trying to get more people to do it as their horses will be sounder and hopefully win more races for them!  I hate seeing horses break down and I know there are things that we can do to reduce the number that do by improving foot angles.
                I guess we need a few more Red Not Blue’s to get the message out there, so people will talk more and maybe give it a go.
                 It has been a wonderful few weeks as we are delighted to welcome little (or not so little at 9 lbs 7 oz!) Mollie Joy Earle into our lives who was born on 16th June.  Both Katie and Mollie are doing very well indeed and enjoyed watching Red Not Blue’s win from the sofa!

No comments:

Post a Comment