Monday 15 August 2011

The week ended better than I thought!

I worked a horse on the all-weather on Thursday and he hung quite a lot the last time up the gallop about 1 furlong from the end, and considering he has had a fair few problems in the past, I was worried that everything had all come back to hound us.  I was especially worried for the owner who has spent a bit to get this horse right and given him the time needed as well.
So, the first thing I did was to speak to Anita Miles (our Equine Manual Therapist who is pictured below treating Red Not Blue – who is not the horse in question!).  Anita came to the yard that afternoon and treated this horse after galloping on Thursday; he then had an easy day on Friday and then I galloped him at the weekend.  On Thursday when he had a problem, his time on the all-weather was 1:16.73 and he was at the end of his tether and at the weekend he did 1:13.26 and didn’t hang at all!  In fact he did it easily.
With anybody doing anything here, I need to see the results and the proof is in the pudding.  We are very fond of Anita who is a breath of fresh air when she comes to the yard; a sunny face and there is no doubt at all that I like her even more because I see the great results she has with the horses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment